domingo, 29 de octubre de 2017

Week 5 - Work and job conditions

What would happen if our work was our worst nightmare? 

If our work was our worst nightmare, I could have my worst time of my life. You choose to study a career to have a good job which you can be calm and enjoy it. For that, a work which you don't enjoy due to the bosses or what you have to do there, it could be a nightmare for your life. Moreover, I would be in a bad mood all day, without wanting to go to work and there would come a time when I would leave there.

Write a text describing your worst job. Upload pictures if you find them, or a drawing on your own of that particular job.

I was working in a restaurant for the summer where I worked as a waitress. I had always worked as a barman and I like this job, but it is not the same than a waitress.

I enjoyed there thanks to the customers and the boss was a good person, but the cookers and some of the waitresses were a little stupid and they made me work while they were eating or resting. Moreover, nobody gave me some food because I started to work at 7 pm and they eat at 6 pm. So, I did not eat anything at 1 am when I finished my work and I arrived at my home.

Apart from that, I did not have any day off in two months and I had only one day. So, every single day of June and July, I was working. Finally, the worst of this job was the tips. People tipped for waiters and cookers, but another partner and I did not receive a tip at all the time we were working there.





Ask your grandparents or any the relative over 65 about job conditions when they were young and discuss pros and cons.

In the 60s and 70s, working life was governed by different rules. There was a growth in the enterprises due to the ending of the Second World War II. So, there were pros and cons about job conditions.

Several pros were that the responsibilities were individual; the contracts lived on most of the life; people have to be a good employer; they also have to demonstrate their abilities to improve working life; motivation, satisfaction and personal needs were the aspects that they get when they worked at these years.

On the other hand, there also were some cons like, there was an established hour where the day started and finished at an exact time; they earned a bit of money not as nowadays; of course, the right of women was less important than men, women had far less economic power. 


This week, I was listening to the radio and I was doing some exercises of the grammar book in use.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario